Saturday, April 11, 2015

The following dragons were adopted from MidnightMare.

 This is Arzet.
Unlike Zalet and Xelev, I didn't find Arzet - it was more like she found me. I'd been hanging around my stables after a day of being at the academy, which had been seriously boring, so now I was just staying around my stables, feeding and playing the dragons and all.
It was pretty good and normal and boring, when I noticed a flash of blue vanishing around the corner of one of the stable tunnels. I didn't think anything of it at the time; I just figured it was Midnight Gleam, one of my FlightMares.
Of course, when I turned around and noticed Midnight Gleam sleeping in her respective stable, I just stood there for a good thirty minutes staring blankly at the wall. Now that I thought of it, the tail of the dragon - which was the only part of the dragon I could see - looked way too much like a Sand Wraith's tail for me to have logically thought it was a FlightMare. It couldn't have been a Sand Wraith though, since neither of my own Sand Wraiths had that pretty blue colored tail.
Vaguely interested now, I wandered off in the direction where the tail had dissapeared. A few of my dragons glanced curiously at me, but other than that, they paid no heed to whatever is was I was doing. When I rouned the corner, I saw flash of blue and white to the left of me, down another tunnel branching off of the main tunnel. I huffed irritably; couldn't whatever I was following slow down so I could get a good look at it. Then again, I did stare at a wall for thirty minutes, so whatever it was couldn't be moving too fast. I must've been walking around for several hours looking for that dragon, considering it was suprisingly dark outside - I was on the entrance floor of my stables where there were windows. Geez, this dragon was stubborn. Almost the moment I thought that, something happened to tap on my back - 'tap on my back' meaning slamming it's forehead forehead into my back - and, because it was what anyone would do, I turned around. This time, thank Thor, the dragon didn't dart off.
Instead, it sat straight in front of me and stared at me. I blinked for a couple seconds, before recongizing the dragon to be a Sand Wraith. The Sand Wraith blinked back at me, leaned down slightly, and bumped it's forehead against my hand a few times. I continued to blink pathetically at the dragon before getting the hint, and raised my hand up to the Sand Wraith's forehead. I stared for a few more seconds before smiling. "Your name can be.. Arzet? How about Arzet?"
 This is Xelev, one of my first few adopted Sand Wraiths.
Much like Zalet, I found Xelev 3 years ago, just four months after I'd met Zalet - I'd been flying on Zalet, heading towards a large jungle not that far away from where I'd found Zalet - it was just on the other side of the water, which hadn't been that much larger than Berk. I'd figured since Zalet had been living near there, why couldn't other Sand Wraiths live near that area? From what little knowledge I had of Sand Wraiths, they weren't extremely territorial. 
"Alright," I called over the wind, patting Zalet's neck. "Head down, towards the sand. Y'see it? Right there." I leaned to the side of Zalet's saddle so he could see me, and pointed down towards the sandy beach. Zalet nodded and dived down towards the beach, tugging his wings close to his sides. Once he was close enough, he flung open his wings, sending sand everywhere, and landly gracefully on his feet. "Great landing," I coughed. "Just don't do that that dive thing and then opening your wings 'n all when we're landing on a place with sand. Sand gets in my eyes when you do that, y'know?" Zalet twitched his wings in the form of a shrug and nodded. I wasn't really sure whether or not he understood what I just said, but I just took that as a 'yes, now please shut up.' That just seemed like something Zalet would say.
I hopped off Zalet's saddle, and rubbed his forehead. "You can either rest here, or come with me if you want," I said, smiling down at Zalet. Zalet huffed, stuck his nose in the air, stomped off towards the forest, stopped, turned towards me, and waved his tail, beckoning me to follow him. "I did not say I was going to come with you. I said you could come with me," I complained, sprinting over to Zalet and pointedly standing in front him.
Zalet shrugged his wings again, and I nodded, pleased, and headed into the jungle.
At first, it was hard to navigate through, with all the trees, plants, and vines blocking the way. Of course, what I was looking for - some caves - would be easy to spot with all the bright green plants and lovely brown trees everywhere. It only took about, eh, not even an hour to find a cave. It looked like something and put leaves and flowers on the top of the cave and then covered the entrance with vines in order to try and hide the cave. It was a rather smart idea; maybe a viking was living here for at moment? I walked over towards the cave, brushing the vines aside with my arm. Zalet wandered in after me, though a few vines caught on his wings and were being dragged behind him. At first, I thought nothing was there, which wasn't suprising since there was basically no light source in the cave. I walked over to Zalet's side and pulled a stick that I had picked up on the way here - hey, it was a cool-looking stick! - Out of one of the attached to Zalet's saddle. I knelt down and felt around on the cave floor for a moment, eventually grabbing to rocks, and clicked them together on the tip of the stick. After a second or so, the end of the stick caught fire, and I carefully grabbed the unlit end of the stick and got back up to my feet. Now that I could actually see, I noticed that the cave was leading downwards, with sand scattered around the slope of the cave. I brushed that little detail off almost immediately; after all, anything could have tracked the sand into the cave. Zalet - well, I thought it was Zalet - let out a low whine, and I pressed a finger to my mouth and shushed him. If someone was in the cave and they heard us, then they would most likely attack us to make us go away. 
Turning my attention back to the cave, I wandered down the slope carefully; if I slipped, then I would probably accidently kill myself with the makeshift torch.
Once I'd got down the slope, Zalet now standing beside me, I could hear another low whine. Now that Zalet was right beside me, I could tell that it hadn't been him.
I stepped further into the cave and noticed something that was dark purple and black quickly being yanked across the floor. I moved the torch in the direction of the dark purple and black thing, and stared blankly for a few seconds. Okay. So, I found another Sand Wraith, one that was most likely scared of me. While my mind was slowly processing things, Zalet hopped over to the other Sand Wraith and nudged its shoulder with his wing. The other Sand Wraith - who I guessed was female - shrank further back against the wall. Zalet sat down, pulled his tail tightly around his feet - or paws, I always thought of his feet as paws - and tucked his wings close to his sides. The other Sand Wraith must've known Zalet wasn't a threat, since she hid behind Zalet, where I could only see the ends of her wings and her tail, and tried to make herself as small as possible. I'd already figured the other stuff out, and now my mind, again, was slowly trying to process the fact that the Sand Wraith really was scared of me. While I stood there looking stupid, Zalet patted the other Sand Wraith's forehead with his left foreleg, before standing up and walking back over to me. Zalet patted my hand with his left foreleg, went back over to the other Sand Wraith and patted her forehead again. Zalet continued this pattern a couple times until the other Sand Wraith started following him every time he headed over to him. When Zalet walked over to me, the other Sand Wraith followed behind him, stopped he came back over to her, and followed him again when he came to me. This went on until the other Sand Wraith was within reach of me, while Zalet sat beside me pleasantly. When nothing happened, however, Zalet stood up, grabbed my hand in my mouth, careful enough not to scratch me, and pulled my hand towards the other Sand Wraith. Thankfully, my mind immediately knew what this meant, and I reached my hand out, and slightly slid it against the other Sand Wraith's forehead. At first she didn't react, before she pressed her forehead into my hand, pulled back, and licked my hand, before darting behind Zalet again. Rather than trying to hide as best she could this time, however, she poked her head around Zalet's shoulder and gave me an awkward dragon smile. I smiled back at the Sand Wraith. "Your name.. Your name will be Xelev."
 This is Zalet, my first and all-time favorite Sand Wraith.
Backstory: 3 years back, I'd found Zalet - a Sand Wraith - on a beach. He'd been tucked under the sand, far enough that I couldn't see where he was. I had one of my Deadly Nadders, Thorn, with me at the time, and he'd been running further down the beach. More specifically, on top of where the Sand Wraith was hidden. Five minutes of having a Deadly Nadder running back and forth over you would probably be severely irritating, and the Sand Wraith seemed to agree to that when he sharply lunged out of the sand and clamped his fangs down on Thorn's ankle. Needless to say, the Sand Wraith was almost immediately met with spikes to the face. 
At this point, I was running over to get the Sand Wraith away from Thorn who was trying - and failing - to kick the Sand Wraith off of his ankle. Now, running towards to fighting dragons is a really bad idea. Now that I was within range of Thorn's spikes and fire and the Sand Wraith's claws, they probably could have killed me if they didn't notice me, which was a good thing that the Sand Wraith noticed me before Thorn did, since the Sand Wraith yanked Thorn backwards by the ankle, knocking the Deadly Nadder onto his stomach. 
"Hey!" I yelled, leaning down to pick up one Thorn's spikes that had missed the Sand Wraith. "Let go! Now." The Sand Wraith just rolled his eyes at me. "Alright then- fine. You have the count until three to let go of Thorn." I hissed. "One." The Sand Wraith took a step backwards and I stepped forwards. "Two." Another step backwards, another step forwards. "Three." I threw Thorn's spike and the Sand Wraith, and he quickly dropped Thorn, and tried to take to the sky. Too bad that he moved too slow and the spike stabbed into the middle of his tail.
Thorn, at this point, had ran behind me and was trying to hide behind me. I blinked at the Sand Wraith, who was currently writhing unhappily on the sand, trying to claw out the spike.
I warily stepped towards the Sand Wraith, who wasn't paying any more attention to me or Thorn. Once I was close enough to touch him, I grabbed the end of his tail and grabbed the spike. The Sand Wraith was now glaring daggers at me, though he didn't do anything, most likely because he didn't want me to push the spike further through his tail, I guessed. I pulled out the spike, turned around towards the water, and threw the spike as far as I could. The spike landed with a small splash, floating on the water. The Sand Wraith peered closely at the spike, as though he was trying to figure whether or not it was going to come back and attack me. While he was distracted with staring - and hissing - at the spike, I was taking a closer look at his tail. I couldn't really see the stab mark, since it was covered with blood and sand. I took a couple steps away from the Sand Wraith, and turned to Thorn. "Go get water," I ordered, and Thorn immediately darted over to the sea, sucked some water into his mouth - I grimaced at the thought of having salt water in my mouth - and came back over it. "Spit it on his tail." I grabbed the end of the Sand Wraith's tail again, causing the dragon in question to turn, and I pointed at where I thought the wound was. Thorn twitched his wings up in the form of a shrug, and spat it out on the Sand Wraith's tail. I knelt down by the Sand Wraith's tail and started rubbing the blood and sand away, which was pretty easy now since it was also coated with salt water.
I stood up, and quickly sprinted off towards the edge of the beach, where some of those plants - the ones with the really big, smooth leaves - and tore two of them off, as well as a stray vine that was draped over the plant. 
I headed back over to the Sand Wraith, who I think was begininning to lose consiousness from blood loss, and knelt down by his tail again. I wrapped the leaves around the wound as best I could, and tied it with the vine.
The Sand Wraith, who had woken back up and was staring at me, flicked his gaze from me to his tail to Thorn and back to me. He pushed himself to his feet, turned, and bumped his forehead against my stomach before laying down, flicking his tail towards me. I blinked down at him and stroked his neck.
"Zalet. Your name will be Zalet."
This is Axeaz, Valvezea's mate.
I'd found Valvezea and Axeaz a few mere days ago- I'd been flying with Zalet (correction: Zalet bit my arm dragged me out of bed by the arm and took off flying) and now we were headed towards the area where I'd found him. I partially expected him to stop when we passed the beach where I found Zalet, but he continued flying past it, headed towards a snowy mountainous biome, a lot farther off. 
Once we'd reached wherever the heck it was Zalet was going, he very politely dropped me into the snow, looking bored. Rude dragon. I popped my head out of the snow, and glared at Zalet, who just laughed at me. Either dragons didn't have manners, or Zalet was just being freakin' rude. Now ignoring me, Zalet turned towards the cave he was sitting by - how I didn't notice that in the first place was beyond me - and whacked his tail against the side off the cave entrance, and peered inside of it, while I just basically stood there thinking about how out of place Zalet's bright-ish colored scales were against the white snow. 
After a couple seconds, a icey blue head poked out of the cave, blinked at Zalet for a few moments, and ducked back into the cave for a moment, before bouncing out of the cave. I stared blankly at the pretty blue Sand Wraith, who was currently bouncing in circles around Zalet, pulling at his wings and his tail.
I turned my gaze towards the cave entrance, and stopped and stared. Another Sand Wraith was peering it's head out of the cave entrance, it's white eyes flicking around before pausing on me. It turned towards me fully, it's pale grey-silver head seemingly glowing, with the sun reflecting off the snow onto it's scales. I stared slightly, glancing between the blue Sand Wraith, who was bouncing happily around Zalet, to the grey Sand Wraith, who had moved to stand curiously beside me, before I grinned at both of them. I turned towards the blue one, who noticing that the grey Sand Wraith had gone over to me, had ran over with Zalet trailing behind him. "You.. Your name can be.. Axeaz? How about Axeaz?" The blue Sand Wraith - Axeaz - grinned an awkward dragon smile at me. I turned towards the grey Sand Wraith. "Your name.. Your name will be Valvezea."
 This is Valvezea, Axeaz's mate.
I'd found Valvezea and Axeaz a few mere days ago- I'd been flying with Zalet (correction: Zalet bit my arm dragged me out of bed by the arm and took off flying) and now we were headed towards the area where I'd found him. I partially expected him to stop when we passed the beach where I found Zalet, but he continued flying past it, headed towards a snowy mountainous biome, a lot farther off. 
Once we'd reached wherever the heck it was Zalet was going, he very politely dropped me into the snow, looking bored. Rude dragon. I popped my head out of the snow, and glared at Zalet, who just laughed at me. Either dragons didn't have manners, or Zalet was just being freakin' rude. Now ignoring me, Zalet turned towards the cave he was sitting by - how I didn't notice that in the first place was beyond me - and whacked his tail against the side off the cave entrance, and peered inside of it, while I just basically stood there thinking about how out of place Zalet's bright-ish colored scales were against the white snow. 
After a couple seconds, a icey blue head poked out of the cave, blinked at Zalet for a few moments, and ducked back into the cave for a moment, before bouncing out of the cave. I stared blankly at the pretty blue Sand Wraith, who was currently bouncing in circles around Zalet, pulling at his wings and his tail.
I turned my gaze towards the cave entrance, and stopped and stared. Another Sand Wraith was peering it's head out of the cave entrance, it's white eyes flicking around before pausing on me. It turned towards me fully, it's pale grey-silver head seemingly glowing, with the sun reflecting off the snow onto it's scales. I stared slightly, glancing between the blue Sand Wraith, who was bouncing happily around Zalet, to the grey Sand Wraith, who had moved to stand curiously beside me, before I grinned at both of them. I turned towards the blue one, who noticing that the grey Sand Wraith had gone over to me, had ran over with Zalet trailing behind him. "You.. Your name can be.. Axeaz? How about Axeaz?" The blue Sand Wraith - Axeaz - grinned an awkward dragon smile at me. I turned towards the grey Sand Wraith. "Your name.. Your name will be Valvezea."
This is Balaur.
I huffed, kicking at some random unfortunate rock that happened to be in my way. Needless to say, I wasn't very happy at the moment. Axeaz woke me up by jumping on me and knocked me out of bed - that was the last time he was ever coming into my room -, Zalet was being grumpy all morning, Scorch, my Monstrous Nightmare, got into a fight with Thorn, my Deadly Nadder, SnotLout was being annoying so I punched him, and then I got in trouble with Hiccup for punching SnotLout, had to apologize to SnotLout, and now I somehow wound up in a desert which didn't even make sense to me. I blamed SnotLout for all this.
  I huffed again, kicked at another rock, and continued on to wherever I was going in this random desert. While I was basically just kicking every inanimate object that got in my, I noticed a pink and red-ish thing out of the corner of my eye. I turned to get a closer look at it, almost immediately indentifying it as a Sand Wraith. This was quickly shoved to the back of my mind when I noticed that it was fighting something - more specifically, a Monstrous Nightmare. Strangely, the Monstrous Nightmare looked way more beat up than the Sand Wraith did. It then registered in my mind that if the fight didn't stop soon, the Monstrous Nightmare was going to die, and it's death would most likely be very painful and slow as well.
  Sure, getting involved would probably get me killed too, but hey, screw it. I was still mad about this morning, so why take it out on someone that was hurting somebody else? Sounded like a pretty good idea in my head. I was either incredibly brave or incredibly stupid to do what I did next - I pulled the knife I always kept in my boot out, cut off a part of a nearby cactus, and threw it, successfully hitting the Sand Wraith in the shoulder, the needles of the cactus causing it to stick to it's shoulder. While the Sand Wraith was distracted with this, the Monstrous Nightmare whipped around, spread it's wings, and sped off into the sky as fast as it possibly could to get away from the Sand Wraith. The Sand Wraith had torn the cactus off it's shoulder, and was currently glaring around for anyone who possibly could have thrown that. At this point, I still wasn't sure whether or not I was being brave or stupid, since I cut off another bit of the poor, innocent cactus and threw it at the Sand Wraith again, missing this time.
  The Sand Wraith spun towards me, it's eyes wide in fury, before it took to the skies. I wasn't sure if it was fleeing or if it was going to come flying back at me, so I merely braced myself and gripped the the knife tighter. I blinked, before hearing a weird noise, almost like wingbeats. Like any sane person would do, I turned towards the source of the noise and promptly got hit in the stomach by the Sand Wraith's wing in response. Almost completely unphased by this, I stabbed the knife down at the Sand Wraith's back as it attempted to land, knocking it to the ground, although in my mind, the Sand Wraith completely deserved it. The Sand Wraith spat angrily at me, and lunged forwards to bite me. Unbothered, I darted off to the side and hit the knife as hard as possible into the Sand Wraith's right shoulder, where the cactus had previously hit him.
  The Sand Wraith cringed backwards, it's wings stiffening at it's sides, most likely in shock now. I popped the knife back out and forced it through it's lower right foreleg, causing it to lose it's footing and slip onto it's right side, the knife being pressed further into it's leg. The Sand Wraith roared at me, probably in a feeble attempt to intimidate me, though it had absolutely no effect. The Sand Wraith most likely knew that it was already beaten, it just didn't want to accept it. I glared down at the Sand Wraith for a few moments, before my unphazed façade faded when I noticed the pain in the Sand Wraith's eyes, and the blood slowly soaking the sand around the Sand Wraith's foreleg. 
  I knelt down, pushing the Sand Wraith onto it's left side, and pulled the knife from it's leg. The Sand Wraith blinked slightly, the pain in it's fading - either thhe Sand Wraith was going into shock causing the pain to leave, or the knife had just been the ultimate source of pain. It flicked it's gaze towards me warily, most likely expecting me to just stab the knife at him again. I regarded the bloodied knife in my hand boredly, tossing it off the side. The Sand Wraith, who had probably figured out that I wasn't trying to hurt him anymore, flicked his eyes from me to the knife, a scowl making it's way onto his face. 
  I stared down at the Sand Wraith, and held my hand out towards him. He narrowed his eyes slightly, before he sharply bit my hand and pulled back, scowling at me. I stared blankly down at him, unphazed - hey, Zalet does that all the time, I'm used to it, - and continued holding my hand out towards him. He blinked again, before warily shifting forwards to press his nose into the palm of my hand. He glanced back up at me, then at my hand, before pulling away, his eyes narrowing again as I dropped my hand back down. I rubbed the blood off my hand, and held my hand out again, and the Sand Wraith pressed his nose against my hand again. I smiled slightly as the Sand Wraith slowly shifted onto his feet, his balance unsteady from the wounds still bleeding on his right foreleg. He blinked at me, unmoving. I blinked back at him, a smile growing on my face.
  "I'll name you.. Balaur."

No comments:

Post a Comment