Friday, October 23, 2015

This is Arunaiea, an Outrageous Windshrike adopted from NightmareRebuff.


I sat silently on the front steps of my house, staring down at Loyin Village from my house, which was located on a large, somewhat flat hill. Having your house higher than the village itself was one of the perks of being a chief, I guessed. A very inconvient perk, but whatever; that was NOT the point right now. The point was that everything had been going fine, and I had been sitting here for three hours without any distractions, not counting my two Terrible Terrors- Bright and Night- who were playing with my helmet.
 
Normally, during happy, sunny mornings like this, one of my annoying friends came sprinting up the hill, yelling furiously about something. And that hadn't happened yet today, and it was very worrying. Annoyances were supposed to be happening around now; this was not how mornings like this were supposed to turn out.
 
Several minutes after I considered giving up and labelling this day 'abnormal' Ki's yelling quickly reached my ears. So, it was going to be a normal day then. That was comforting. I stood up as Ki sprinted up to me- and nearly ran into me- flailing her arms frantically. "The flightless snow leopard-look alike dragon I found and tamed on that one island you sent me to- thanks a lot for that, and that was sarcasm by the way- there's another of them here and their arguing, I mean I think they are and I'm pretty sure they're going to kill eachother and then Selnian would be dea--" Ki rambled, her words jumbled together and odd, still flailing her arms dramatically.
 
I raised one hand, annoyed, interrupted here. "Okay, 3 things; 1, shut up. 2, calm down. 3, explain. 4, if you start fast-talking again, I'm letting Bright and Night jump on you." Bright and Night, who'd long since knocked my innocent helmet down the hill, snapped upwards with hilariously serious faces at their possible task. Ki glared at me, not appreciating being told to shut up, but forcibly calmed herself down regardless.
 
"Okay...Selnian- the dragon I tamed from the island you sent me too- was arguing in front of my house with another of her species when I woke up. I tried to make them stop, and so did Hiss and Growl- my ZippleBack- but they just ignored him, so I up here to try 'n find you," Ki explained, her voice still slightly fast. Not even for me to be bothered, but enough to know that she internally freaking out now.
 
I nodded slightly, shrugging. "That seems easy," I muttered, turning and facing Bright and Night. "You two; go find Scorch, HazeFlash, Verazivie, Stark and Thorn." Bright nodded and flew off with Night to go find the Monstrous Nightmare, StormCutter, Sand Wraith, RumbleHorn and Deadly Nadder I'd named. Turning back towards Ki, I walked past her, heading down a large flight of steps that led down the hill to my house. "Ki, you come with me."
 
Ki nodded, quickly getting the implication and darted passed me in the direction of her house and the arguing, annoying dragons.
 
It took a good ten minutes to navigate through the large village and get to Ki's house, considering her house was literally on the opposite side of the village to mine. Now that I noticed, all my friends' houses were opposite of mine. I'd have to look into that later; right now, I had to deal with annoying dragons who I would have no issue with kicking out of Loyin.
 
Scorch, HazeFlash, Verazivie and Thorn were already there however- I guessed Stark was busy with his hatchlings again and couldn't come. I could see Ki's dragon- Outrageous Windshrikes were what they were called, I believe- with another one, crouched threateningly, in front of her. This one had mint green, light blue and dark purple scales with gleaming yellow-orange eyes and small, feathery brown wings. 
 
Thorn was standing in front of Selnian, roaring furiously at her and forcing her to reluctantly back up. Scorch wasn't having such an easy time getting the wild Windshrike to back down; Scorch had lashed out three times with his left wing claws, tried to blast fire at her, and the Windshrike merely dodged nimbly and tried to hiss at Selnian. 
 
Verazivie and HazeFlash were both sitting off to the side, looking amused. I shook my head, annoyed, grabbing one of HazeFlash's back spines to catch her attention. "Just grab the wild Windshrike and bring it over to me," I grumbled, annoyed. HazeFlash nodded, lunging forwards sharply and grabbing the Windshrike easily in her claws. The Windshrike, distracted with Scorch and Selnian, let out an extremely loud shriek of surprise and anger, writhing furiously in HazeFlash's grip.
 
HazeFlash turned in the air, flying down to hover in front of me and held the Windshrike out to me. The Windshrike thrashed furiously, glaring at me and screeching angrily. I merely reached out and lashed my hand across the dragon's mouth. The Windshrike cringed backwards, clearly baffled, and hissed at me, disgruntled. "You can either leave this area or stay and leave Selnian alone," I hissed harshly, the Windshrike trying to shift backwards, clearly wary now.
 
I gestured for HazeFlash to released the Windshrike. HazeFlash rolled her eyes, dropping the Windshrike on the floor and landing back by Verazivie, who was now looking over in our direction. Ki had long since darted over to Selnian, who was sulking and glaring at Thorn. The mint green, light blue and dark blue Windshrike frowned uneasily at me, crouched warily, almost intimidated. I knelt down in front of the crouching Windshrike, frowning. 
 
"Well? Stay and don't antagonize Selnian or leave and go somewhere else on the island," I stated, frowning. The Windshrike glared at me, backing up and hissing. HazeFlash started to stand up, most likely taking the Windshrike's hissing as a sign of aggression. I pushed myself back up to my feet, not even bothering to try and get HazeFlash to stop; there was a much higher chance of the Windshrike listening to the massive, four-winged dragon instead of me.
 
//Now in HazeFlash's P.O.V because why not. Also dragons talking are in bold + italics because I ran out of ideas.//
 
I frowned down at the odd, insufferable dragon- I heard Scarlet call them Windshrikes, so I assumed that was their species name. "Hello," I said, tilting my owl-like head to the left. The Windshrike hissed again, scowling, "What do you want?" I shifted my wings, frowning. "I want to know why you are here." The Windshrike paused, almost seeming confused."Because there was berries growing by this place, so I guessed there would be more here," The Windshrike huffed.
 
I nodded slightly in understanding. "As long as you aren't trying to fight with Selnian- the other Windshrike- I'm sure nobody would have any objections to you taking the berries. Us dragons don't eat them, and the humans only sometimes eat them," I explained, raising my wings upwards in the form of a shrug. "So, I can just come and take any of the berries whenever I want?" The Windshrike asked, blinking in surprise. "Basically; yes." 
 
The Windshrike nodded again, before backing up and darting off into the fields surrounding the village. I assumed she'd be back at some point, however, to take some of the berries growing near the village.



No comments:

Post a Comment