Thursday, October 15, 2015

This "Queen" Selnian, an Outrageous Windshrike adopted from NightmareRebuff.
I grumbled random, very...colorful swear words under my breath as I mounted my Deadly Nadder, Subzero. Apparently, my seriously lame friend, Scarlet, had wanted me to go out and explore this new island she found. Oh, I should also mention that she woke me up several hours before the sun even rose. So here I was, gripping onto Subzero's sleek, Gronckle iron saddle, at an ungodly hour, preparing to fly off and take notes of a random island I quickly knew I hated without even seeing it.

Apparently, Scarlet had found a small, seemingly flightless dragon that had started 'yelling' at her when she approached. Obviously, she left, most likely disturbed by that. She also said that she'd seen what looked like shiny objects near the dragon, which it seemed the be guarding- Scarlet had given me a variety of necklaces, bracelets, anklets and shiny jewels should I run into the now seemingly greedy dragon.

So now, I was given the task of both taking notes of the island and observing an annoying little dragon.
Amazing. I know, I know, best job ever. 

Still swearing under my breath, I patted Subzero's head-spikes, signalling for him to take off, which he did quite quickly.

//time-skip to the island because flying is boring//

I dismounted Subzero's saddle, lightly patting the side of his head as I got off, and surveyed the surrounding area. (I didn't see where the general habit was, so I'm just going with a stereotypical mountainous area with a surrounding forest) The area was scattered with trees and bushes, clustered together to almost form a baricade. Tilting my head backwards slightly, I could easily make out a large mountain with many caves carved into ledges; lots of dragon must live in those caves, I supposed. 
I turned back to Subzero, opening up a saddle bag that was hooked to the sides of his saddle, and pulling out a charcoal pencil and a thick pad of slightly frayed paper. The cover of the pad of paper depicted Subzero, which his name on it.

Shrugging, I grumbled, "It's do or hideat this point, I guess. Look around and possibly die, leave and hideat Scarlet's hands." Subzero made a low noise of agreement, his pale, icey blue head-spikes flattening backwards slightly before perking back up. I nodded slightly, begininng to head towards the baricade of trees. 

It took me a good half an hour struggling through bushes, winding around trees, and stopping to take notes before I finally made it to the bottom. I should probably mention that I'm currently having to pull thorns out of my left arm- very painful thorns. Subzero was making an odd, dragon version of laughing- ironic that my main dragon just had to have deadly thorns and now I'm practically withering in pain having to pull those darned thorns out.

I sighed as I pulled the 27th, and last thorn out, before starting my trek up the mountain. The mountain was rather steep at the bottom, though it seemed to jut inwards, creating a huge ledge and a secondary base to the mountain. Glancing back up, I noticed that this happened there times before it reached the top of the mountain. Huh. Vikings probably did that, or possibly dragons.

Actually, that doesn't matter. Shaking my head in attempt to clear out the curious thoughts, I finally pulled myself up to the inwards ledge. Once I was standing a good distance away from the edge, I mentally face-palmed. Why in Thor's name didn't I fly up on Subzero? Procceding to curse out my stupidity in my mind, I headed towards one of the caves, mainly to see what was inside if not to also rest for a few minutes. There were no dragons in the cave, thank Thor, though I did notice a small-ish, medium-ish nest that seemed that have black feathers in it- the feathers were soft and almost silky upon touching it.

Looking closer, I could see that the rim of the nest seemed to have sparkly jewels and the like embedded in it- gems that would definitely sell good with vikings, actually. Curiously, I picked up one that I assumed was an emerald or possibly a peridot. I couldn't tell. It was jagged, though the edges weren't paticularly sharp. I could tell it was a natural gem, though, from how it was still partially covered by rock and how the gem itself seemed to have a somewhat cylinder shape- definitely a gem not yet smoothened by a viking.

Just as I set the intriguing emerald/peridot/I don't know what it is back down, a very loud and aggitated mix of a squeal and a screech erupted from the cave's entrance as a small, red-and-black eyed creature bounded towards me. Automatically, I flicked my pale gaze to the creature's markings, which were interestingly like a snow leopards. It's tail was long, compared to its body, with adorable, almost angel-like, fluffy, feathery wings- not really wings, more like small feather tufts. The creature would be even more adorable if it wasn't angry at me.

It didn't attack immediately, thankfully, though it glared at me furiously, fangs drawn in an attempt to be threatening. Said creature failed miserably, however. Being the dumb human being I was, I abandoned all thoughts of this possible threat and instead knelt down to pat the creature's head. "You'd be more intimidating if you weren't adorable, y'know." I stated, curiously reaching over to pat one of it's feathery wings. "Huh. I didn't know a dragon could get it's feathers to be that soft...Granted, I never met a dragon with feathers." 

The little dragon hadn't really appreciated the first compliment, quite obviously as it growled, though it quickly pulled up onto its hind legs and puffed its chest out, clearly pleased at the comment of her- I was assuming it was a her- feathers. Recalling the gems, I quickly gestured for Subzero to come over, as he'd merely been staring into the cave in obvious confusion the whole time. He stalked over, and the moment the little dragon saw him, she screeched in the shrillest of screeches I have heard. I assumed this was a whole 'I am the better dragon, I am superior, don't disrespect me' thing- Subzero had done that a lot. He glared down at the smaller dragon, but grudgingly trudged over to my side and laid down in a form of false submission- he probably knew this dragon was the one Scarlet had seen and was just going to play along. 

Reaching over, I grabbed his saddle bag while the dragon stepped back, a wary hiss coming from the dragon. Ignoring that, I carefully dumped out the contents of the bag- a pearl necklace and matching pearl bracelet, two amethyst stones, a sapphire, ruby, and emerald necklace, a peridot bracelet, and a single, untouched, natural diamond. The dragon practically lunged at the contents, quickly yanking the shiny objects towards herself, giving me and Subzero a deadly glare as she awkwardly moved the object towards her nest, hiding them behind it for the time being.

I reached for the other saddle bag and spilled out the contents of that bag (the saddle bags Ki used are rather small), which consisted of quite a few natural gems, untouched by humans in terms of being natural and partially artificial. The dragon wasted no time in shoving these gems behind her nest, turning to give me an expectant stare; I assumed she was waiting for more of the gems.

I raised both my hands up, shrugging. "I don't have anything else like that on me right now." I said, causing the snow leopard-patterned dragon to frown in obvious annoyance and dissappointment. "Though...If you came with me, I could get you more of those~." I added, smirking- hey, I'd be able to get a new dragon and learn about it then! Besides, I'd take that offer if I were the dragon.

The dragon in question frowned, turning to eye her nest before bouncing into it. She literally bounced into it. She patted some of the gems surrounding the rim of the nest, giving me a hard stare. I stared back, confused, before I quickly realized that she wanted a place that was fancy like those gems, most likely. "Alright. Come with me, you get more gems and a fancy area to stay. That what you want?" The dragon nodded, pleased.

"Great. You need a name though- I'm not just going to call you dragon or something." At this, she frowned again, sitting back on her haunches and folding her forelegs, seeming to pout at this. "It'll be the name of an anicent, royal, and well-respected queen," I sighed- this dragon clearly wanted anything that screamed 'I am clearly royalty, look at me!' The dragon nodded slightly. "Alright, Queen Selnian then?" The dragon- Queen Selnian now- nodded, smirking.

Hopping back out of the nest, she dragged both saddle bags away from me and to the nest and somewhat hidden gems before staring at me again. Sighing, I stood up and scooped all the gems and the like back into both bags, adding in the sparkly objects from her nest.

She grinned, almost truimphant, clearly pleased at having someone clear up for her. I just rolled my eyes as I mounted Subzero, patting the space in front of me in a gesture for her to climb up too. She did so, reluctantly, though she seemed partially pleased at doing so; she most likely thought that this was just an extra show of her 'superiority' over Subzero, who rolled his eyes.

Subzero padded out the cave before flying off, headed back towards Berk.

//time-skip again because hey why not//

It'd been six weeks since I brought back 'Queen' Selnian, who now stayed next to my home in her own house (think of a much larger doghouse)- it was made of mushroom wood, I think it's called, with the walls and ceiling being made of iron on the inside. The floor was made to be a soft stone, with gems implanted in the walls, floor, and ceiling. She had a large, new nest made of sheep wool, though Selnian still lined it with her own feathers that fell out.

Selnian also had blueberries delivered to her eight times a day, twice at night, and either one salmon or one chicken a month. She was also given a load more gems over the course of those six weeks, clearly pleased with that. 

Regardless to say, Queen Selnian was quite happy with her new, overly-pampered live in Berk. She got attention, gems as daily gifts, was brought food quite a lot, and was referred to as a queen- she was a queen, in fact, since she was Queen Selnian.


No comments:

Post a Comment