Tuesday, November 3, 2015

These two are Lazersight Vesperwings, both adopted from thegoldenfury360/Hyrith. The lineart was made by NightmareRebuff.

Harnea, the Bald-Faced Hornet:
Being the ever mature dragon I was, I thought it'd be a wonderous idea to take on a hive of FireWorms and their FireWorm Queen the moment I heard about it.
It was easy to fly to the large island that housed the FireWorms. Huge, with several trees scattered along the edges, a giant mountain located in the very center. It was a dormant volcano though, I knew that, and not an actual mountain. I landed slightly on one of the ledges of the volcano, twitching my wings slightly at the heat that seemed to radiate off the volcano. I easily found an opening, slipping into it and staring around with narrowed eyes. My colony followed behind me, waiting for me to take action before moving themselves.
Alternating between walking and flying through the large cave, an entrance much bigger than the one I'd come through opened up gradually along the cave walls. I peered through the entrance, darting into the air when I saw the many FireWorms scattered about. There had to be at least three thousand of them, but considering their size, getting past them and to their queen would be a breeze. Directing my colony to distract the FireWorms, who all skittered around furiously, I flew off along the cave walls, searching for their queen.
I found their queen in good time, almost backing away when I saw their queen. Definitely larger than a normal FireWorm Queen- or the ones I'd seen, anyways- with bright red and orange scales stood these FireWorm's queen. I didn't actually care about this dragon's appearance, no, but the little creature standing next to the queen. I guessed it was a human; I'd heard of them, but never had seen them. I hadn't realized they looked so weak, tiny and path.etic.
I roared sharply, lunging towards the human instead of the queen. The queen could wait; I knew what FireWorm Queens were capable of, but not humans. The queen hissed, intercepting easily, and knocking me backwards with a furious growl. I growled back, irritated- was this human friends with that queen? That was unheard of; most humans I'd heard about ki.lled dragons, they weren't defended by them!
The human pushed at the queen's shoulder, saying something that I could hear. The queen hissed at the human, before turning and blasting fire directly at me. I roared again, darting into the air to avoid the blast. The human yelled out for the FireWorm Queen to stop; I assumed that's what the human had said to her before as well.
The FireWorm Queen turned sharply, confused, while I stared warily at the human, equally confused. I could make out a few words, "Stop...no reason...attack again...won't come back." The rest was too quiet for me to hear, but all I could guess was that the human didn't want that queen attacking me. I slowly landed, trying to make as least movement as I could; the queen would probably try to ki.ll me again if I moved and she noticed. The FireWorm Queen hissed furiously at the human, reluctantly backing away.
I tilted my head, even more confused. I jerked backwards though, snarling threateningly when the human approached me. The human laughed. The human laughed at me. Humans were not supposed to laugh at me or any one of my species- humans were supposed to fear my species, weren't they? I hissed angrily, waving my tail in annoyance. The human held up one hand; I considered biting off its arm, but then the FireWorm Queen would start attacking me again. Deciding against that, I instead frowned at the human.
I re-opened my wings, whipping around and flying away from the human and FireWorm Queen, my colony following me as they saw me. 
I'd just go back and ki.ll the FireWorm Queen when that human left.


Slyeau, the Slytherin house wasp:
I glanced around at my surroundings swiftly, flying as fast as I could through the annoyingly cold air. Word spread fast throughout the FireWorms I'd raided and now 'owned', I knew that, but word of two fighting Night Terror packs just waiting to get picked up? That was practically a miracle in itself. Hissing slightly in aggravation at the almost freezing air, I put on a burst of speed, flying past some green, black and purple FireWorm who thought it would be a good idea to fly ahead of me.
I narrowed my eyes slightly, still beating my four wings and shot the FireWorm a harsh glare. Although I and the three FireWorm packs I had knew that I was in control and not them, some of them still showed defiance in small ways; flying ahead of me, ignoring simple orders, doing something wrong on purpose, and an entire list of other things.
"There," I growled, causing some of the FireWorms to flinch in surprise; I was currently hovering in slow circles above the two fighting Night Terror packs, tail-spike already poised to sta.b at someone. "Fly down." The moment I dove down, all ninety-two of my FireWorms followed directly at my tail, some swerving past me and searching for the both of Night Terror's alphas. 
I nimbly avoided every strike aimed at me from the Night Terrors, knocking some of them away by shooting a beam of bright light at them from my eyes. None of these Night Terror's had the stark white coloration, meaning none of these dark ones were one the two alphas I was after. I growled, frustrated, jabbing one of the Night Terrors with the stinger on my tail.
I flew up, scanning the ground, and almost- just almost- started laughing right then and there. None of the Night Terror alphas were de.ad, no, but the exact green, black and purple FireWorm that had defied me the most certainly was. From what I could barely see, there were seven bite marks scattered along the right side of its neck and sides, while the back of its head, where the spine connected to the skull, was broken and bleeding.
Maybe the de.ath of that defiantly stubborn FireWorm would give a hint to never try to defy me ((I'm just going with the idea that they're all differently colored)). Out of the corner of my eye, though, I noticed something stark white- it wasn't a FireWorm, no, and I turned in confusion to look at it. One of the Night Terror Alphas. Completely forgetting about the death of the now late, defiant FireWorm, I dove towards, killing the Night Terror alpha with a swift close-ranged beam of light. All I needed to do was find the other leader and then I would have two Night Terror packs and three FireWorm packs.
I swept upwards again, circling around in the air several times. The remaining Night Terror Alpha wasn't anywhere to be seen, much to my irritation. I kept seeing flashes of white in the sides of my vision, but it kept disappearing whenever I turned to look for it. Growling in annoyance, I dove downwards again, shooting any Night Terror that tried to strike me with a quick, laser-like beam of light. Only when I reached the edge of where the Night Terror's had originally been fighting did I find the remaining alpha.
The alpha was staying away from the fighting, and I couldn't see a single scratch on him. He took one look at me and tried to bolt, though I grabbed his tail with one hind paw and tore off his left wing with a harsh tug with the other. "Coward," I hissed, flying upwards. What alpha left its pack to fight without trying to help? Apparently this Night Terror did that.
I continued flying upwards, still gripping the Night Terror with my hind claws, stopping and hovering when I was surrounded by faint wisps of clouds. "Coward," I growled again, jerking sharply and tossing the Night Terror downwards. I flew down as the Night Terror fell, thrashing frantically in terror. I stopped flying, flinging my wings outwards and ceased flying just above the ground. 
The Night Terror alpha, on the other hand, wasn't as lucky with his landing. Having been writhing all through the fall, the Night Terror had landed directly on his back. I stabbed one of my front legs into the Night Terror's neck for good measure, to ensure he was de.ad- I was sure he had snapped his spine from the fall, but what harm came from making sure someone had di.ed as you wanted them to? Nothing, that's what.
I flew upwards, roaring sharply. The FireWorms turned at the noise, flying up beside me; three of them were carrying the defiant FireWorm's corpse. I nodded slightly, swooping downwards and screeching towards the Speed Stingers. Both packs of the Speed Stingers flinched backwards, but flew up obediently towards the FireWorms.
I smirked slightly, pleased, before flying back upwards, gesturing with my front legs for the FireWorms and Night Terror to follow. 
I couldn't see how anyone could make this better; I had taken out two Night Terror alphas, had both the Night Terror packs at my command, and was finally rid of that one, annoying FireWorm- the other FireWorms weren't as bad as that one had been. 
And I didn't even have to go through with my old plan of ki.lling that one FireWorm in front of all the others to show them what would happen if they defied me more than once.


No comments:

Post a Comment