Tuesday, November 3, 2015

This is Misoyu, a Blood-Curdling Devil adopted from snowflake12298.
I stared guility down at the innocent sheep that were locked in a pen, going about their own business and trying not to disturb eachother. I hopped over the ten foot tall fence with easy, the fog that shrouded the area sufficiently hiding me from the sight of any dragons or humans.
 
One of the black-wooled sheep looked up curiously, having heard me jump over. "Sorry," I mumbled in Dragonese, although I knew the sheep couldn't understand me. Before I give anything a second thought, I quickly grabbed the sheep's left foreleg and sta.bbed my long, razor-sharp fangs into its neck. Several seconds passed before I let the sheep's now blood-drained corpse fall, repeating the action with the seven other sheep.
 
I carefully flicked my tongue other my large fangs, licking away any stray blood. I snapped my head upwards in alarm as a harsh light shone on me. I whipped around, hissing threateningly. Four humans stood there, one of them holding what I guessed was a flashlight. The one holding the flashlight let out a low grunt, scowling, while I backed up, still hissing.
"I told you a drag'n was doing this," the one with a flashlight growled. I scowled at them, wings flared open in what I hoped was a threatening stance. Before I could fly off, one of the humans snapped open the gate to the sheep's pen, a net with thick, fire-proof fabric covering me. I let out a high-pitched shriek, lashing my tail and claws. 
 
"Hey! Hey," I stopped struggling in confusion, hearing a much lighter voice. "What're you doing?" The voice that'd been holding the flashlight spoke up again, sounding closer than I'd like. "We-- We caught that drag'n that kept ki.llin' the sheeps, chickens, 'n all of 'em, Chief." There was a brief moment of silence before the lighter voice spoke again. "And I specifically said not to do anything to the dragon if you found them," the lighter voice snapped.
 
"Dragons here aren't meant to be caught and definitely not ki.lled. I said to leave any dragons found alone; and you three know that trying to catch and harm a dragon here is punishable with de.ath." Another pause before the deeper voiced human spoke up again. "But this drag'n's been ki.llin' off the livestock! Are we not supposed to protec--" The lighter voice interrupted him. "Get back to the village, and I'll deal with you four later."
 
I could hear the four that'd tried- had captured me walking off frantically, but the net covering me remained. I flinched in momentary terror when the fabric was lifted, and stared in confusion at the human. This one definitely looked different from the other four; while the other four had all been heavily built with short hair, this one was much shorter, with a more feminine build and longer hair.
 
I let out a frightened hiss and backed up as the human reached out to pet me. The human smiled, amused. "I'm not trying to hurt you, don't worry. I sent those four away; the ones that caught you in that net." The human explained, gesturing towards the net that was now lying, abandoned, beside me. I glanced warily at the net before looking back up at the human, now more curious than frightened. 
 
"Would you like to come back to the village with me?" The human asked, continuing before I could respond. "A lot of other dragons live there, and there's more animals there for you." I nodded at that- it would be much easier for me to have access to blood if there were animals there.
 
"And don't worry, I'm going to sentence those four to death, so they won't be able to try and catch you again," the human added, smiling as if it was completely normal. I nodded again, comforted to hear that. "You'll need a name if you're going to live in the village, though." I tilted my head, frowning, before I nodded cooperatively. 
 
"Good. I'll name you Misoyu then."

No comments:

Post a Comment